Technology & Innovation
The mission of the Technology & Innovation Committee would be to serve as a resource, facilitator and as thought leaders to address a broad range of technology-related opportunities and issues of interest to Enosburgh. These opportunities and issues include those affecting both the town and the citizens of Enosburgh. The Technology & Innovation Committee would hold regular meeting and events where members and guests can evaluate and discuss the technical, security, legal, and social developments driven by technology.
- Serve as resource/advisors for the town and other local organizations for technology related issues and topics.
- Discover and create awareness for technology related resources that exist within our region.
- Partner with other organizations/communities to identify innovative ideas.
- Provide digital divide (aka - digital inclusion) efforts through affordable connection, equipment, and education.
- Conduct a survey to determine the technological needs of our community.
- Partner with local organization and businesses to provide education opportunities.
- Actively seek and apply for grant opportunities for the growth of technology our community.
- Create an independently operated internet network. ie: Mesh Networks, wireless deployment, or other traditional methods if deemed reasonable.
- Create a co-working/creative space for entrepreneurs and remotes workers in the village.
- Coordinate with local organizations and schools to build a digital divide program that provides technology assistance to every resident.